What does a car garage do?
The main purposes of a car garage are to keep your car in good order, and make sure that it’s safe to use on the road.
However, they do provide a variety of services. Some of the services provided by car garages include:
- Testing – from car diagnostics tests to brake testing, these tests can be used to pinpoint the causes of problems your vehicle is experiencing, as well as just as a general check up to keep on top of minor issues before they become major issues
- MOT tests – many car garages carry out MOT tests
- Servicing – this can be to prepare your car for an upcoming MOT test, or just to make sure everything is working as it should
- Repairs – when things to do go wrong, a car garage can make the necessary repairs and replacements to keep your car in good working order.
How do I find a reliable car garage?
There’s a good chance that someone you know has already had to use a car garage in the local area, so asking your friends and family is always a good place to start. They can tell you how they found their experience at that garage, which could help you choose one or rule one out.
If this fails to help you find a good car garage, your next step will be to look online. But don’t be tempted to just go for the first garage you find, as some will suit your needs better than others.
When finding the right garage, look out for:
- Business hours – make sure they’re open at a time that suits you
- Location – make sure they’re easy for you to reach
- Insurance – check they have the necessary insurance
- Qualifications – check that they have the necessary qualifications, plus any extras
- Customer reviews/testimonials – take the time to read up on other people’s experience at that garage.
When will I need to use a car garage?
Despite what people think, a car garage isn’t only there to be used when your car breaks down.
While they do regularly carry out repairs, they provide a host of other services that you’re going to need at different times.
For example, many car garages carry out MOT testing, something which your car will have to undergo at least once a year.
They also provide testing, which helps you keep on top of any potential issues while ensuring everything is working as it should.
And of course, they provide repairs when they’re needed.
Do all car garages carry out MOT tests?
No, not all car garages will carry out MOT tests. If you’re unsure whether a garage will carry one out for you or not, you can always check their range of services, or get in touch and ask them directly.
Can I repair my car myself?
Yes, by law you are allowed to carry out repairs on your car yourself. However, if you fail to make the repairs correctly, it could void the warranty or insurance on your car. For this reason, we recommend anyone other than a professional take their car to a garage to get any repairs.
Reliable Car garage Rayleigh
When you’re taking your car into a garage, you want to know that you can rely on the person you’re taking it into to do a good job.
At RJ Harvey, we take pride in always providing a premium service, meaning that our customers can rely on us to do a good job every time.
And some of the things that help us provide a stellar service are:
- Fast turnaround time – we always strive to get the job done as quickly as we can, without sacrificing any level of quality.
- Experience – with almost four decades of experience working on all manner of vehicles, we’re well equipped to deal with any problems that you’re experiencing
- Range of services – regardless of your needs, we’re sure to offer a service that can meet those needs