What is car servicing?
In short, a car servicing is a check over of the car to make sure that everything is working as it should. Usually carried out by a professional mechanic and taking 2 to 3 hours, a car servicing is a great way to catch any minor issues before they turn into major issues, keeping your car in good order and reducing the likelihood of things going wrong with your car due to mechanical failure.
How do I choose where to get my car serviced?
When you’re looking at different car garages and mechanics and trying to decide where to get your car serviced, it might be tempting to just take your car to your nearest garage.
However, it’s important to remember that not all garages are the same, with prices, quality and services offered varying from one to another.
When looking for the best garage for you to get your car serviced at, make sure to look at their:
- Opening hours – make sure they’re open at times when you can get to them
- Location – check that they’re within the local area
- Services – ensure that they offer the service that you need
- Reviews/testimonials – see how other people found their service
- Prices – if they have prices online, take a look at these. Otherwise, you can get in touch and ask for a quote.
Alternatively, you can ask your friends and family for a local garage that they’ve used which they would recommend.
How much does car servicing cost?
Prices will range depending on the provider, location, and what sort of servicing you’re getting. However, the average price for a full car service in the UK is around £200.
Can I service my own car?
In short, yes, you can service your car yourself. And it’s clear why it’s tempting to do so, with the opportunity to save yourself from a mechanics bill. But unless you’re a professional or have a lot of experience, it’s recommended that you take your car to a professional. Otherwise, you run the risk of making mistakes, that in the end will cost you even more in time and money than it would have done to take your car to a mechanic in the first place.
Fast and professional Rayleigh car servicing
Despite the amazing benefits of getting your car serviced, we know why lots of people end up putting it off. They see it as an unnecessary expense, and one that will take valuable time out of their day.
At RJ Harvey, we do everything we can to minimise the disruption that car servicing might cause you, and can do this thanks to our:
- Speedy service – from servicing to repairing, we do everything as quickly as we can without risking a lowering of quality in the end product
- Range of services – Thanks to our range of professional services, we’re able to solve a vast range of problems that you may be experiencing with your vehicle
- Competitive rates – we know that owning a car comes with a long list of expenses, and we do what we can to minimise that burden for you with our competitive prices